Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Kinda Funny Story

Well, here's a story for ya:

The recent John Brown House investigation was overnight in the hills near Harper's Ferry, WV. Those who know me know that I'm very much a city girl and have never been camping in my life. Really. I was up to it though. I came ready with my sleeping bag, etc. Had a tent pitched for me and everything. I had on extra layers of clothes--fleece, long johns, even gloves, but as the night went on the temperature dropped and dropped. We're talking in the low 30s, when it should've been at least the 50s for Spring. I...do...not...like...to...be...cold.

So, I was given a choice: Stay outside in the freezing cold tent or sleep inside the haunted house where I had just heard heavy footsteps walking above me in a very empty room a few hours before. Hmm...haunted house? Freezing cold? Haunted house? Freezing cold?

I took the house.

1 comment:

Karoda said...

Hi L., I just popped over here and thought I would work myself forward so I clicked on May 2005 and here at the top is a post about you at the John Brown House! Oh, it may take me awhile to get through this blog, but I have a strong feeling I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it!